7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
Basic knowledge of Cloud Computing paradigm
The course is dedicated to IT engineers and architects who are looking for a solution to host private or public IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) cloud.
This is also great opportunity for IT managers to gain knowledge overview about possibilities which could be enabled by OpenStack.
Before You spend a lot of money on OpenStack implementation, You could consider all pros and cons by attending on our course.
This topic is also avaliable as individual consultancy.
gaining basic knowledge regarding OpenStack
- What is OpenStack?
- Foundations of Cloud Computing
- OpenStack vs VMware
- OpenStack evolution
- OpenStack distributions
- OpenStack releases
- OpenStack deployment solutions
- OpenStack competitors
- Underpinning services
- Node roles
- High availability
- Self service portal
- Load balancing
- How to download and execute RC files
- How to create an external network in Neutron
- How to upload an image to Glance
- How to create a new flavor in Nova
- How to update default Nova and Neutron quotas
- How to create a new tenant in Keystone
- How to create a new user in Keystone
- How to manage roles in Keystone
- How to create a tenant network in Neutron
- How to create a router in Neutron
- How to manage router’s interfaces in Neutron
- How to update security groups in Neutron
- How to upload RSA key-pair to the project
- How to allocate floating IPs to the project
- How to launch an instance from image in Nova
- How to associate floating IPs with instances
- How to create a new volume in Cinder
- How to attach the volume to the instance
- How to take a snapshot of the instance
- How to take a snapshot of the volume
- How to launch an instance from snapshot in Nova
- How to create a volume from snapshot in Cinder
contact with the lecturer, good substantive preparation, experience
Practical knowledge / experience of the teacher.