7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
There are no specific requirements needed to attend this course.
This one-day course is for people looking for a brief outline of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulations coming out May 25, 2018. This is ideal for managers, department heads, and employees who need to understand the basics of the GDPR.
What is the GDPR
- What is personal data / sensitive data
- Picking your team
- Understanding GDPR terms
- Privacy by design and privacy by default
Appointing a team
- Choosing the people to help with GDPR (legal, marketing, IT, hr)
- What is a DPO and do you need one
- Determine if its personal datata
- Who can access data
- How and where data is stored i.e. electronically or paper-based
- Securing data
Rights and obligations
- Data Subjects and their rights
- Controller’s obligations
- Processor’s obligations
- Dealing with data requests
- International data transfers
- What is a data breach
- Fines and penalties
- Third-party services
- Internatinal data transfers
Developing policies and procedures (legal issues)
- Document legal basis for having the data
- Establish codes of conduct for collecting and handling data
- Examine outside third-party contracts with other suppliers
- Updating data – you need to ensure data you hold is updated
- Update privacy notices and procedures as GDPR changes
- Update contracts as needed.
I generally enjoyed the knowledge of the trainer.
Some of our clients
is growing fast!
We are looking to expand our presence in South Africa!
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- expand business in South Africa
- recruit local talent (sales, agents, trainers, consultants)
- recruit local trainers and consultants
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data systems to support your local operation
- high-tech automation
- continuously upgraded course catalogue and content
- good fun in international team
If you are interested in running a high-tech, high-quality training and consulting business.Apply now!