21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- .NET programming experience
- A basic understanding of programming concepts
- Test engineers
SpecFlow is the official Cucumber implementation for .NET. It allows testers to define, manage and automatically execute human-readable acceptance tests in .NET projects. SpecFlow uses the official Gherkin parser and supports the .NET framework, Xamarin and Mono.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to use SpecFlow to write acceptance tests that are understandable by technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Bind business requirements to .NET code.
- Apply BDD techniques to build up living documentation for an application.
- Run SpecFlow from Visual Studio or the command line.
- Integrate SpecFlow into an existing continuous testing and build environment.
- Integrate SpecFlow with other testing frameworks such as MSTest, NUnit, xUnit and MbUnit.
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice.
Installing and configuring SpecFlow
Business Driven Development (BDD) and Acceptance test–driven development (ATDD)
Involving the business analysts in your organization
Defining your project requirements
The testing ecosystem (IDEs, programming languages, testing frameworks and build libraries)
Gherkin: writing your stories in a user-friendly language
Writing features and scenarios
Writing step definitions
Organizing features and scenarios with tagging
Working with hooks
Working with databases
Extending SpecFlow with SpecFlow+ and SpecMap (proprietary extensions)
The Practical side of the course - the whole point of an instructor is to have someone to call on when difficulties are encountered. Definitions of Scrum and Product Owners etc. can be studied without the need for an instructor. But using Visual Studio, getting Specflow up and running and using it right - these are the elements of training that require an instructor. These practical hand-on exercises are the elements I liked the most. I would have liked more of this.
FNZ Holidings Limited
I enjoyed the feature file and corresponding steps creation.
FNZ Holidings Limited
I like the combination of dry goods and practice.