14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Basic experience or familiarity with network vulnerability scanning
OpenVAS is an advanced open source framework which consists of several services and tools for network vulnerability scanning and management.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to use OpenVAS for network vulnerability scanning.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure OpenVAS
- Learn the fundamental features and components of OpenVAS
- Configure and implement network vulnerability scans with OpenVAS
- Review and interpret OpenVAS scan results
- Network engineers
- Network administrators
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Introduction to OpenVAS
Installing and Configuring OpenVAS
Overview of OpenVAS Features and Architecture
Using the OpenVAS Command Line Interface
Working with Network Vulnerability Tests (NVTs) on OpenVAS
Implementing Your First Quick Scan with OpenVAS
Configuring and Implementing Advanced Scans on OpenVAS
Using and Configuring Alerts
Interpreting OpenVAS Scan Results
- Reading and Understanding Scan Results
- Interpreting a Threat Detection
- Sharing and Distributing OpenVAS Reports
Summary and Conclusion
The scope of training and practical approach to the issue seemed very promising. Unfortunately, due to the fact that the lecturer does not deal with the administration of the Linux system on a daily basis - in my opinion, he is not able to thoroughly cover the topic related to Linux Security. He couldn't answer us many practical questions - he was looking for her on Wikipedia. We also make nmap and Nessus scans ourselves and were interested in answers to specific, detailed questions.
Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o.
Course:Network Security in Linux