21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
A prior experience with Python and the libraries like pandas, matplotlib is highly recommended along with a knowldege around visualization tools and API usage.
A geographic information system (GIS) is a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present spatial or geographic data. The acronym GIS is sometimes used for geographic information science (GIScience) to refer to the academic discipline that studies geographic information systems and is a large domain within the broader academic discipline of geoinformatics.
QGIS functions as geographic information system (GIS) software, allowing users to analyze and edit spatial information, in addition to composing and exporting graphical maps. QGIS supports both raster and vector layers; vector data is stored as either point, line, or polygon features. Multiple formats of raster images are supported, and the software can georeference images. To summarize it allows the users to Create, edit, visualise, analyse and publish geospatial information on Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD.
This program, in its first phase, introduces the QGIS interface for general usage. In the second phase, we introduce PyQGIS - the python libraries of QGIS that allows the integration of GIS functionalities in your python code or your python application, so that you may even create your own Python Plugin around a particular GIS functionality.
Introduction to QGIS
- QGIS Overview
- QGIS GUI
- General Tools
- QGIS Configuration
- Working with Projections
- QGIS Browser
- Working with Vector Data
- Working with Raster Data
- Working with OGC Data
- Working with GPS Data
- Introduction to PyQGIS
- Loading Projects
- Loading Layers
- Using Raster Layers
- Using Vector Layers
- Geometry Handling
- Projections Support
- Using Map Canvas
- Map Rendering and Printing
- Expressions, Filtering and Calculating Values
- Reading And Storing Settings
- Communicating with the user
- Developing Python Plugins
- IDE settings for writing and debugging plugins
- Using Plugin Layers
- Compatibility with older QGIS versions
- Releasing your plugin
Some of our clients
is growing fast!
We are looking to expand our presence in South Africa!
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- expand business in South Africa
- recruit local talent (sales, agents, trainers, consultants)
- recruit local trainers and consultants
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data systems to support your local operation
- high-tech automation
- continuously upgraded course catalogue and content
- good fun in international team
If you are interested in running a high-tech, high-quality training and consulting business.Apply now!